PHP Programmer -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Position Title: PHP Programmer
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00001927&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78701
Working Hours: M-F 40 hrs a week
Salary Group: B-20
Classification No. 0253/Systems Analyst II
Job Posting No. 00001927
Monthly Salary: $5,000 - $5,370.75/Month
Date Job Available: 06/01/2018
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00001927&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of Army25B, 255A, 255S, 53A, CT, IT, 181X, Navy182X, 642X, 644X, 742X, 744X, 275, 26, 030, C4I11, Coast Guard ISM, 0171, 8848, 8858, AirForce3D0X2, or 3D0X4pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
The Systems Analyst performs moderately complex (journey-level) computer systems analysis work. The analyst develops web and browser applications to support State Library programs and operations; is responsible for all system development steps for assigned projects; utilizes project management, systems analysis, and life cycle methodology concepts and processes to deliver the automated solution to business problems and opportunities. The Analyst works with agency staff, business partners, and technical staff to develop user requirements, research alternative solutions, make recommendations, plan and create applications and databases to meet the needs of the agency. The analyst performs WordPress administration and logical database user management tasks using PHPMyAdmin. The analyst assists the Webmaster in agency Website maintenance and training; functions as the technical contact for major applications; can train others in the use of in-house applications; and participates in ITS Division project meetings to document project status. The Systems Analyst works collaboratively with the Drupal Administrator and under direction of the department Director with under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Uses current software design and development methodologies and techniques to ensure quality, security, and maintainability of applications and systems and designs, constructs, maintains and documents web applications.
- Uses systems analysis processes, methods, and concepts to identify and describe business problems, opportunities, and user requirements; research alternative options, and make recommendations for automation solutions to customer and IT management.
- Uses comprehensive plans for unit and system testing of applications to identify errors and ensure conformance to standard.
- Serves as the technical contact for major applications and assists staff and users to address application-related problems.
- Completes Project Management tasks for specific Application Services projects assigned by Lead Systems Analyst.
- Keeps informed on latest technologies as they relate to the agency applications development arena.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience using PHP programming language within the LAMP software stack to develop and maintain applications.
- Two (2) years experience designing and developing enterprise Website, tools, workflows, custom themes and modules which must include experience in at least three (3) of the following:
- Development, installation, make ready, and/or administration of a web application.
- Using HTML and CSS in accordance with current web standards.
- Programming of applications software within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Using the UNIX or Linux operating system.
- Design and development of RDBMS applications.
- Using version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.).
- Design and development of MySQL databases.
- Experience with Drupal Website administration and management.
- Experience with WordPress Website administration and management
- Two (2) years experience designing response web applications for an Apache server.
- General and specific knowledge of system development methodologies, programming concepts, and working knowledge of computer equipment and operating systems, and development environment procedures.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and provide solutions to computing problems.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and documentation standards.
- Ability to speak and write well-organized and grammatically-correct English.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, with an emphasis in computer programming.
- Recent Industry Certification related to programming or web development
- Building web applications using Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.0 standards
- Working with the Linux CLI interface
- In basic configuration of LAMP/LEMP stack
- Using RESTful APSs, caching concepts and the HTTP protocol
- Managing workflow with the use of a ticketing system.
- Completing systems analysis to provide solutions to computing problems in an operational environment.
- Teaching or training of computer/application users.
- Complete copy of college transcripts and /or certifications (if applicable)
- Must be able to work in cool computer environment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours and day when necessary.
- Criminal history check required upon contingent offer
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Supervised by the Director of the Information Resources Technologies Division